4.22.2009

What I Learned Today

Whew--it's over. The grand opening of our new office and all of the minutiae that were involved in pulling it off are done. Now, for the things I learned today:
  1. If you send out 1,200 invitations to an event, consider yourself fortunate if 50 people reply to the requested RSVP.
  2. It's hard to plan how much food to have for an event when no one RSVPs.
  3. When people who didn't RSVP show up at the event, expect some of them to complain about the fact that there isn't enough food to go around.
  4. It seems that some people live for showing up at an event so that they can complain about the logistics of it.
  5. If you feed them, they will come.
  6. Portabello mushroom tarts taste a lot better than they look. They kinda look like something you'd scrape off of your shoe in horror.
  7. Some adults get waaaayyyy more excited about free pens than they should.
  8. My new office is pretty.
  9. Some people get really pissy when they don't have a pre-printed name tag because they didn't RSVP. My advice? Get over it.
  10. I now remember why I got out of the PR/special events business.
  11. All in all, it went really well.
 I can haz my raise now, please?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hooray for new offices! Congrats!