- If you send out 1,200 invitations to an event, consider yourself fortunate if 50 people reply to the requested RSVP.
- It's hard to plan how much food to have for an event when no one RSVPs.
- When people who didn't RSVP show up at the event, expect some of them to complain about the fact that there isn't enough food to go around.
- It seems that some people live for showing up at an event so that they can complain about the logistics of it.
- If you feed them, they will come.
- Portabello mushroom tarts taste a lot better than they look. They kinda look like something you'd scrape off of your shoe in horror.
- Some adults get waaaayyyy more excited about free pens than they should.
- My new office is pretty.
- Some people get really pissy when they don't have a pre-printed name tag because they didn't RSVP. My advice? Get over it.
- I now remember why I got out of the PR/special events business.
- All in all, it went really well.
What I Learned Today
Whew--it's over. The grand opening of our new office and all of the minutiae that were involved in pulling it off are done. Now, for the things I learned today: