11.03.2010

11.03.10

I'm back, finally, after a looooong month of the federal grant application from hell and a myriad of problems in my personal life.

So, I'd like to say that I'm surprised and disappointed by the outcome of yesterday's elections, but we all saw that coming, didn't we? Sadly, I'm used to the fact that all of my votes are pretty much cast in vain--a blue woman in a very red state. Hopefully, we'll bounce back in 2012.

I found out today via Facebook about a post written by a friend of a friend, and it put it all in perspective for me.

An Open Letter to the White Right, On the Occasion of Your Recent, Successful Temper Tantrum

You, who could not survive the thought of minimal health care reform, or financial regulation, or a marginal tax rate equal to that which you paid just 10 years earlier, perhaps are under the illusion that everyone is as weak as you, as soft as you, as akin to petulant children as you are, as unable to cope with the smallest setback, the slightest challenge to the way you think your country should look and feel, and operate.

But, surprise…they are not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Georgia Peach in NOLA for posting this message! I get it except what those elections did to me was to send me to bed on 11/3 with no TV on or any political news at all. I was still so devastated even tho all was foretold. Here in Iowa x3 supreme court justices were fired for their stance on same sex marriage. We reelected a republican hack from a few years ago as our great new hope. Not as bad as your diaper wearing, prostitute loving reelected senator tho!! I will regain my strength to fight again but just need more dark bedroom time first! LOL BTW lil Who Dat Cat is so adorable and she has a great mom! Kathy in Des Moines