8.16.2012

I'm doing this because I saw it on Bayou Creole's blog and I still can't sleep, damnit.  I'm going to bed after this, I promise. 6:00 a.m. comes awfully early....

A. Age: 43
B. Bed size:Queen (wish we had a king, but our bedroom's not big enough)
C. Chore you dislike:  Ironing. I'd rather play volleyball.
D. Dogs:  Tchoupitoulas, a golden retriever. Tchoups for short. He smiles.
E. Essential start to your day: Sitting on the porch for 10 minutes while it's still dark outside, getting eaten alive by mosquitoes, but enjoying the hell out of a coke and a cigarette. (I know, I know, one day, maybe I'll quit.)
F. Favorite colors: Favorite colors to wear? Black, white, and khaki. (I'm crazy like that.) Favorite color in general? Mossy green.
G. Gold or silver: White gold, with silver a close second. I hate yellow gold.
H. Height: 5'8". I rarely feel short around another woman, but when I'm with somebody who's 5'10" or 5'11", it's very disconecerting.
I. Instruments you play(ed): Took piano for seven years. Still can't play much other than chopsticks, Mary had a Little Lamb, Heart and Soul, and One Tin Soldier, which I taught to myself. (I can't read music worth a damn, even though I remember that every good boy must find.).
J. Job title: Director of Global Health Research (I know, it cracks me up, too.)
K. Kids: Emmeline
L. Live: New Orleans, LA
M. Mom’s name:  Sylvia Gail--my grandmother had a thing about naming kids one name and then calling them by their  middle names.
N. Nicknames: Andy, of course. (And Ghandi. Don't ask--it rhymes with Andy if you mispronounce it.) And Grace, because I'm so graceful.
O. Overnight hospital stays: Giving birth, having tonsils and adenoids out at age 8.
P. Pet peeves: People who insist on calling me Andrea, even though they know I hate it. People who think that the emergency lane or right lane, which they know is merging into traffic, is their own personal "cut in line" card. Would you do that in the grocery store? 
Q. Quote from a movie: "What are you looking at, sir?" "I'm looking at you, miss." (College boyfriend, Last of the Mohicans. We watched it about 80 times and it became a private joke. Still friends.)
R. Righty or lefty:Left-handed for writing, using a fork, and playing pool. Right-handed for everything else, including brushing my teeth, using scissors, and using a knife. I believe that makes me ambidextrous--but I don't do anything well with either hand. I blame my first-grade teacher, who used to hit me on the knuckles with one of those big fat jumbo pencils because she was mad that I wouldn't pick one hand and stick with it.
S. Siblings: It's complicated. One related-by-blood sibling, older sister Kendra. Two step-siblings, a step-brother and step-sister, both of whom I love but am not very close to, because we had to take sides in the divorce after 25 years of marriage (my dad versus their mom). Two step-brothers that I consider brothers, Andrew and Charles, because our parents have been married (their dad and my mom) since we were little. Charles became my "brother" when he was four and I was 12; he died in 2001, and I still miss him every day.
T. Time you wake up:  During the school year, the alarm goes off around 5:40 a.m. and I drag myself out of bed around 6:00. Summer is my favorite time, because I can stay up till 11:00 (like I'm doing tonight and will most definitely regret) and "sleep in" until 7:00.
U. Underwear: I hate thongs, and my mother will most likely be very disappointed if I'm ever in a car accident, because she will not approve of the state of my underwear.
V. Vegetables you don’t like: Broccoli, peas, and greens. Sorry, but no way in hell. I'll stick to salad, asparagus, and green beans.
W. What makes you run late: Emmeline, always Emmeline.
X. X-rays you’ve had: None, except for my teeth.
Y. Yummy food you make: Risotto. I am excellent at making risotto.
Z. Zoo animal you like: Elephants.

No comments: