9.12.2008

Dear People at Work

This is a 24-story building that houses the offices of several hundred people. As you know, of the nine elevators in this building, only two or three are usually working at one time. Therefore, it would be very helpful if you wouldn't get on the elevator at the eighth floor just to ride up to the ninth floor. There are two staircases in the building, and I would be happy to point you in their direction. I'm not exactly the poster-child for physical fitness, but even I can manage walking up a few flights of steps rather than getting on the elevator to travel one or two floors.

Also, if you're going to use one of the restrooms, please flush the damn toilet. Your mother doesn't work here.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you open an interior door from a stairwell in your building? The last large office building that I worked in, you could only get out, not back in. NOT that I'd typically defend these people. I've worked in two story offices twice where people ALWAYS took the elevator. I took the stairs, not because I like exercise, but because I'm too damn impatient.

ALM said...

Oh yes--you can move around freely in the stairwells, which is why I take the stairs when I'm only going up or down 1 or 2 floors. And everyone in the building knows that, b/c all of the elevators go out every once in a while and then the stairs are the only way to get around.

Oh well--just a bad day at work.