10.25.2007

Just Because #1

In my opinion, one of the saddest and most beautiful songs ever written (sans the happy, dream-sequence ending). But then, I like depressing stuff.

Gloomy Sunday

Sunday's gloomy,
my house is slumberless.
Dearest, the shadows I
live with are numberless.



Little white flowers
will never awaken you.
Not where the black coach of
sorrow has taken you.

Angels have no thoughts
of ever returning you.
Would they be angry
if I thought of joining you?
Gloomy Sunday.

Gloomy Sunday,
with shadows I spend it all.
My heart and I
have decided to end it all.
Soon, there'll be candles
and prayers that are sad, I know.
But let them not weep--
let them know
that I'm glad to go.

For death is no dream
and death, I'm caressing you.
With the last breath
of my life,
I'll be blessing you,
Gloomy Sunday.

No comments: